· DO-262F – Minimum Operational Performance Standards for Avionics Supporting Next Generation Satellite Systems (NGSS), presented by SC-222, Aeronautic Mobile Satellite (Route) Services (AMS(R)).
This is a MOPS for avionics that provide Aeronautical Mobile Satellite (R) Services (AMS(R)S) by means of satellite communications technologies scheduled to become operational in context of the global and regional ATM and CNS modernization. This revision includes the addition of an appendix which contains normative requirements for Iridium Certus AMS(R)S equipment.
· DO-343D – Minimum Aviation System Performance Standard for AMS(R)S Data and Voice Communications Supporting Required Communications Performance (RCP) and Required Surveillance Performance (RSP), presented by SC-222, Aeronautic Mobile Satellite (Route) Services (AMS(R)S).
This is a MASPS for Aeronautical Mobile Satellite (Route) Services (AMS(R)S) that provide safety communications to aircraft in airspace where 1) procedural separation is applied or 2) ATS surveillance services are provided. This revision includes the addition of an attachment containing requirements for Iridium Certus AMS(R)S equipment.
· DO-230K, Standards for Airport Security Access Control Systems, presented by SC-224, Airport Security Access Control Systems.
This updated document of standards and guidelines for airport security access control and integrated systems incorporates the latest technological advances with substantive changes in the biometrics, credentialing, integration, procurement, and video surveillance sections and minor changes throughout other sections of the document. In addition, two new sections were added to the document covering facilitation and cybersecurity. Advances in Biometrics technology, Artificial Intelligence (AI), neural networks, and facial recognition were included in the biometrics section including international plans and references.
· DO-304A – Guidance Material and Considerations for Unmanned Aircraft Systems, presented by SC-228, Minimum Performance Standards for Unmanned Aircraft System.
This release includes updates to the Use Cases to include scenarios for Cargo Missions, Survey Missions, High Altitude Platform Systems, and Urban Air Mobility. It provides the aviation community a definition of UAS, a description of the operational environment, and a top-level functional break down. It is NOT intended to be the basis for airworthiness certification and operational approval of UAS.
· DO-387 – Minimum Operational Performance Standards (MOPS) for Electro-Optical/Infrared (EO/IR) Sensors System for Traffic Surveillance, presented by SC-228, Minimum Performance Standards for Unmanned Aircraft System.
This MOPS for Electro-Optical/Infrared (EO/IR) Sensors for Traffic Surveillance. This system is a surveillance source for non-cooperative intruders for a Detect and Avoid (DAA) system used in Unmanned Aircraft Systems (UAS) transiting through the various classes of airspace and performing extended operations higher than 400′ Above Ground Level (AGL). It includes equipment to enable UAS operations in Terminal Areas during approach and departure for some airspace and off-airport locations. It does not apply to small UAS (sUAS) operating in low level environments (below 400′) or other segmented areas.
Additionally, four special committees (SCs) received approval for changes to their work plans. These are SC-147 – Aircraft Collision Avoidance Systems, SC-214 – Standards for Air Traffic Data Communication Services, SC-224 – Airport Security Access Control Systems and SC-237 – Helicopter Terrain Awareness Warning System.